Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Router
- The Cisco 2900 Series ISRs offer increased levels of services integration with voice, video, security, wireless, mobility, and data services, enabling greater efficiencies and cost savings.
- A single Cisco IOS® Software Universal image is installed on each ISR G2. The Universal image containsall of the Cisco IOS technology sets which can be activated with a software license. This allows your business to quickly deploy advanced features without downloading a new IOS image. Additionally, larger default memory is included to support the new capabilities.
- The Cisco Services Ready Engine (SRE) enables a new operational model which allows you to reduce capital expenditures (CapEx) and deploy a variety of application services as needed on a single integrated compute services module.
High Performance with Integrated Services
- The Cisco 2900 Series enables deployment in high speed WAN environments with concurrent services enabled up to 75 Mbps.
- A MultigiGabit Fabric (MGF) enables high-bandwidth module-to-module communication without compromising routing performance.
- Designed to address customer business requirements, the Cisco 2900 Series modular architecture offers increased capacity and performance as your network needs grow.
- Modular interfaces offer increased bandwidth, a diversity of connection options, and network resiliency.
- The Cisco 2900 Series architecture provides energy-saving features that include the following:
- The Cisco 2900 Series offers intelligent power management and allows the customer to control power to the modules based on the time of day. Cisco EnergyWise technology will be supported in the future.
- Services integration and modularity on a single platform performing multiple functions, optimizes raw materials consumption and energy usage.
- Platform flexibility and ongoing development of both hardware and software capabilities lead to a longer product lifecycle, lowering all aspects of the total cost of ownership, including materials and energy use.
- High efficiency power supplies are provided with each platform.
- The Cisco 2900 Series maximizes investment protection:
- Reuse of a broad array of existing modules supported on the original Integrated Services Routers provides a lower cost of ownership.
- A rich set of Cisco IOS Software features carried forward from the original Integrated Services Routers and delivered in a single universal image.
- Flexibility to adapt as your business needs evolve.